Search For Your Favorite Hottie

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Atomic Bombshell's Anatomically Correct Dating Advice



Dear Atomic Bombshell,

I feel like I was cornered into meeting this girl's family on Thanksgiving. We have only been seeing each other for 3 weeks. She's really cool and I like hanging out with her but I'm not into this at all. I said yes, in the midst of a wonderful date. She asked me if I would "stop by" her family's house on Thanksgiving to say hi and have a drink. Okay, not a big deal. Then last night, she was like, "I can't believe you are coming to meet my family for Thanksgiving!" Well, when she said it like that, it just sounded completely different than "Hey, you should stop by my families house on Thanksgiving, and say hi have a drink with me." It seems so much more casual and less pressure when she said it that way. Now, she is so excited about it. It has a totally different vibe and I don't want to go. Do I make any sense? How do I get out of going without her hating me?
Sincerely,
Do NOT Want to Meet The Parents


Dear "Do NOT Want to Meet The Parents,"

I actually understand exactly where you are coming from. Her presentation was false. She probably had more expectations of the "stopping by on a major family holiday." She was probably nervous when she asked you and completely down-played the situation and what it meant to her. First things first, what the hell are you doing "dating" someone around the holidays? If you don't feel that way about this person or you just enjoy her company when you are in the mood for company, phase it out! What's next? What did you buy me for Christmas? Get a grip on this now! Second, tell her exactly what you told me. When it was first discussed, it was not a big deal. Now you feel like it is a big deal and maybe something that you are not ready for. Tell her, perhaps it would be better for you to me her parents on a regular day when there is less pressure and LESS FAMILY around. If she is not a crazy girl, she will understand that it has only been a few weeks and a holiday is not always the best time to have this meeting. If she freaks out, she probably already had your children's names picked out and has practiced writing her first name with your last name, so thank god you dodged that bullet! I hope it all works out for you. Thanks for writing.

Sincerely,
Atomic Bombshell

Do you have questions or comments about sex or dating? I want to hear all about it. Email me at AtomicXBombshell@yahoo.com

0 comments: