Search For Your Favorite Hottie

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Atomic Bombshell's Anatomically Correct Dating Advice



Dear Atomic Bombshell,

I feel like I'm in a bad situation with this girl I have been seeing for like 4 months. It's not really working out for me. I do like her, I do care about her, but it's not really what I'm looking for. She has had a bad childhood and a history of people leaving her. She is very emotional and gets very upset whenever I start to pull away. I feel really bad and really guilty when she gets upset. I am trying so hard not to hurt her feelings but I really want to end it. What do you think I should do?

-Trying to be the nice guy




Dear "Trying to be the nice guy,"

First of all, the things that happened to her during her childhood, may be very sad. However, it is not your fault. There is no such thing as a "perfect" way to break up with someone. Yes, seeing someone cry can make you feel horrible. The truth is, you have to be honest with that person and to the point. Don't let it linger with "I love you but..." But nothing! No I love you's. Say "I respect you and I care about you and this is not what's best for either of us." Don't get suckered in to the guilt trip. She may have a lot of issues that she needs to work out on her own and probably shouldn't be dating anyone until she works them out. All you can do is be honest. Maybe she won't appreciate it today, three months from now or EVER! As long as you are truthful and not leading her on, then you have done the honorable thing. Thanks for writing.

Sincerely,
Atomic Bombshell

Do you have questions or comments about sex or dating? I want to hear your pain Email me at
AtomicXBombshell@yahoo.com

0 comments: