Search For Your Favorite Hottie

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Atomic Bombshell's Anatomically Correct Dating Advice



Dear Atomic Bombshell,

My girlfriend just told me that she thinks we need to take a break. That things are getting really serious and she needs to focus on school. I am so confused. I had no idea this was even an option. We have been together for a long time.We still talk and text everyday. I haven't seen her for four days. I asked her about what's going on? Meaning, are we really breaking up? She says no, this isn't a break-up. It's a break. It's more about school and studying. I still don't get it because it's not like I ever interfered with her school stuff. If I text her, she doesn't respond back right away like before. A few times, it took her hours to get back to me. I just don't understand what is going on. I like to think that if I just do what she wants, then things will go back to normal. Am I being dumped?

-Can't Read Between the Lines

Dear "Can't Read Between the Lines,"

Do you need sky writing? She needs space? You're so being dumped! I'm sorry. Any young adult can balance school and a relationship (especially a long-term one). Unless she is studying to be a brain surgeon. But even then, I'm pretty sure that there is a level of maturity that allows you to balance your personal relationships. She wants space, GIVE HER SPACE! Stop being so available! She obviously is evaluating your relationship. Maybe she is trying to leave her options open. Either way, no matter how bad you want this relationship, you need to back off. Stop being available. Let her REALLY think about what she is doing without you being available to her when she wants to reach out. Trust me. I have said it before and I will say it again, women do not want anything that comes so easily. Remember that. Find something to occupy your time and stop dwelling on this. When she asks what's wrong, tell her you are giving her what she asked for. End of story. You should know within about two weeks whether she was trying to let you fizzle out, or if she was really going through something. Best of luck!

Sincerely,
Atomic Bombshell


Do you have questions or comments about sex or dating? I want to hear all about it. Email me at AtomicXBombshell@yahoo.com

0 comments: