Search For Your Favorite Hottie

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Atomic Bombshell's Anatomically Correct Dating Advice


Dear Atomic Bombshell,

My girlfriend's family is crazy! It's gotten to the point where I am just fed up with the misunderstandings. They all fight with each other. Her mother calls our apartment to tell us her problems. Even when I answer the phone, I get sucked into the entire mess! My girlfriend tells her mother our problems and her mother think s that it is okay for her to call me to address them. I am at the point that I avoid all of their family gatherings. My girlfriend harps on me about it but I really can't take it anymore. The entire situation has me to the point where I want to pack up and leave town. There is too much chaos in their family and everyone knows too much about my relationship. I don't know if my relationship can be saved by this.

-Stuck in the Family Disaster


Dear Stuck in the Family Disaster,

You have options. I'm guessing that you really love your girlfriend so only you can decide if the relationship is worth saving. It seems to me like they see you as "one of the family." In this case, a little too much information is shared. You really should try speaking to your girlfriend about trying to keep things between you both, until they are worked out. I can understand how you feel when the mother calls you to rectify a situation with her daughter. You are right, it's not her place. There are not a lot of people in this world who would find that behavior acceptable. As for her calling you to update on other family member's drama, that's not cool. I wouldn't want to hear that. The amount of time being spent on gossiping about family members is ridiculous. You really need to reach out to your girlfriend and tell her that this is what you need. If she can't stop her family from butting in, then you need to explore other options. Moving out of town won't make you feel better. You need to find some peace with the situation whether you stay or go. Good Luck!

Sincerely,
Atomic Bombshell

Do you have questions or comments about sex or dating? I want to hear your pain Email me at AtomicXBombshell@yahoo.com

0 comments: